As a Lead Engineer you are responsible for the conceptual development and realization of the design with application of mechanical design principles to meet system specifications and operational requirements.
You are responsible for the realization of the precision mechanical part of environmental control function developments, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination free, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, possible steering one or more designers, working in a team.
Main tasks and responsibilities;
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Investigation of complex mechanical issues (calculations, testing, data analysis).
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, preferable with specialization in Precision engineering, accurate positioning and adjustments.
- Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the field of precision engineering.
- 3 – 5 year experience as a designer within Precision Mechanics.
- Preferably also experience in some of the following:
- • Well educated and experienced in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles. Design for degrees of freedom, light and stiff.
- Well-developed analytical ability, ability to design concepts and a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into practical designs that meet the specified requirements.
- Thermal and pressure calculations or flow control.
- Joining technologies: fasteners, adhesives, welding, etc…
- Experience with design of high tech materials like ceramics, high strength steel, titanium, carbon
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably NX 7.5.
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Steering and coaching designers in a small team
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Creative thinking capability
- High-class abilities to make stiffness and strength calculations
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good knowledge of English (mandatory), knowledge in Dutch is convenient
- Planning and prioritizing own work